Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Swarm

I read about a new roller coaster coming to Thorpe Park in the UK in 2012 called The Swarm and it sounds freaking awesome. I have to share. I’m all about having stories during rides. I mean obviously it’s fun to just fly around, but I think having a story concept or even just some scenery always makes things more interesting.

Riders will enter a partially demolished chapel before loading on to the coaster.


From there, the coaster will take riders through a post-apocalyptic war scene where riders will encounter a crashed airplane, a burned-out fire engine and a smashed helicopter. That sounds pretty freaking cool.

To make things ever better, the riders sit wing style, meaning their seats are located on the side of the track and not directly on the track.

That makes this coaster only the second of its kind in the world. The first is in Italy in case you were curious. I would totally ride this. I know Six Flags makes some pretty innovative coasters, but none of them tell a story. They all just fly around and do crazy stuff. I want more scenery. Time to book a ticket!

No comments:

Post a Comment