Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Hackers

Wow, people can be such assholes. The Pottermore site has been hacked and it’s not pretty. The hackers are setting up links in search engines that lead people to sites that carry major viruses and they’re sending out fake early access accounts. Some people are even selling fake early access accounts for $100 on eBay. That really sucks because I’m sure a lot of the people interested in the site are young adults and what do they know about viruses and which emails you shouldn’t open, etc? Way to target a weak audience. I never understood hackers and their mindsets. I guess these are just bored kids who don’t have anything better to do on their summer break. The site of course can’t do much other than delete accounts they deem unfit to be a part of the site. I hope there aren’t any other issues because this site looks like it can be super awesome for big or small fans. I consider myself to be a small fan and this site looks amazing. Here’s to hoping stupid hackers don’t ruin it for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment