Monday, August 8, 2011

Manic Monday

Did you know that MTV turned 30 last Monday? I had no idea that it’s been around that long. The network that made all the rock stars and singers famous is now known for ridiculous reality shows like Teen Mom and Jersey Shore. I miss the days when MTV stood for Music Television and there were music videos showing all the time. But I can’t remember the last time I saw a music video playing on MTV. They did away with TRL, which was the last string of hope for music videos. I don’t even know why people make them anymore. The only place to see them now is on YouTube. Obviously, I’m still a big fan of MTV and I watch quite a few of their brain mushing shows, but I feel like they should pull a Nickelodeon and show their old stuff starting at 9pm or something. Reruns of TRL or Making the Video. I would watch that. You do have to give it to MTV though, they’re definitely good at keeping the teen audiences, and sometimes the adult audiences, glued to their TV’s. True Life, Teen Wolf, Awkward, The Challenge, Real World. Those are all entertaining shows. I have a feeling MTV isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. Happy belated birthday MTV!

No comments:

Post a Comment