Thursday, May 19, 2011

Hoooowwwwwllllll

Barf. The MTV promos for Teen Wolf are here and they look awful. At first, I wasn’t sure how I felt about the news of this show. I never saw the original movie, but MTV tends to ruin things. I still watch their shows and rot my brain, but sometimes they rot brains a little too much. The promos tell me this is going to be another one of their bad shows. I mean look at the promo photo. Even the synopsis sounds super cheesy:

Scott was just a regular guy until one bite changed his life forever.

Now he struggles to understand who he is and what he might become. Is he more wolf than human - or is it the other way around? Whichever it is, it's not going to be easy. Scott will try to control his urges, but mostly he's scared that it's his urges that could end up controlling him.

TEEN WOLF is the story of Scott as he tries to walk the line between what he wants and what he can't help from wanting. Will the bite end up being a gift? Or will it be a curse? And what will it all mean for his relationship with Allison - the girl he can't get enough of? Only time will tell if he should embrace his newfound powers, or if he should fear them.


It just sounds so over dramatic. I feel like MTV could either have made this show super awesome or super bad and it looks like the latter. I will check out the first episode because every show deserves a chance so I guess we just have to wait and see. The first episode airs on June 5. I will definitely have a review for this one. My fingers are crossed that the promos and synopsis just don’t do it justice, but I go in expecting nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment