Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Zoom-Zoom

As I’ve said many many times before, I love Pixar. I wish I could work there, but their offices are up north. Their next movie is Cars 2 scheduled to come out during the summer and I’m very excited. Not only that, but Disney California Adventure is supposed to have a Cars Land and that is even more exciting. Almost everyday, Pixar announces a new car that will appear in Cars 2. The first one is British secret agent Finn McMissile voiced by Michael Caine, which is super awesome!

The second new character is John Lassetire named after John Lasseter who will also be the voice. I kind of like the name play.

There are 2 new Italian cars named Uncle and Aunt Topolino who live near Porto Corsa in the small village of Santa Ruotina. They are aunt and uncle to Luigi from the first movie. Uncle owns the village tire shop and Aunt is a master cook with the best fuel in the village. I love the play on names here too because Topolino is the Italian name for Mickey Mouse. Sigh. Pixar, you’re awesome.


Here are a couple more new cars in their turn table introductions:

Shu Todoroki


Francesco Bernoulli


And there are many more. Of course, all of these cars will be made by Mattel into real toys.


Mattel plans to release 150 “Cars 2” toys this fall. That’s a lot! I feel like I’m 12 again! If that didn’t make you excited, check out the movie trailer!

No comments:

Post a Comment