Monday, August 15, 2011

Weekend Movie - Cowboys & Aliens

I was finally able to hit the theatres this weekend to see Cowboys and Aliens. I was a little scared going into it because I kept hearing bad reviews, but I thought the movie was really good. I'm not sure why people aren't liking it. It's an alien movie, but it's set in another time period. People eat up alien movies so I'm not sure why this one is any different. I think changing the time period makes the movie more interesting. I mean, if we saw aliens in 2011 we wouldn't be too surprised. We know there's something else out there, but I don't think cowboys ever thought about that stuff so to see alien arrivals from their perspective makes the movie more interesting. There was never a moment where I knew what was going to happen. It was all very unpredictable and good.

The premise is pretty simple. Aliens come to earth and start stealing gold and the cowboys want to stop them. Simple, but awesome. If you put reality aside, which you usually have to do for alien movies, this movie is good. So yes, this movie is on my recommendation list.

No comments:

Post a Comment