Monday, April 11, 2011

Manic Monday

This past week I watched a lot of movies that I never got to see in the theatres such as 127 Hours, Life As We Know It, and Charlie St Cloud. 127 Hours was awful! It was way too artsy and just blah. I mean there's not much you can do when making a movie about someone chopping their arm off, but the artsy was a little too much for me. Life As We Know It was cute, but way too long. I enjoyed it though and Katherine Heigl wasn't too annoying.

And then we come to Charlie St Cloud. The movie was super sad just like everyone knew it would be and that's why it didn't so so well at the box office, but I do have to say that Zac Efron is going places. That kid has some major talent and he's not bad to look at either. He wears clothes really well and his eyes are VERY blue. So he's definitely not one of those actors who just happens to be good looking and that's it. He's good looking and he has talent. I'm trying to put aside my bias towards High School Musical here. This was the first straight movie I've seen him in and he's got the goods for sure. I really hope he goes far. I really hope that he continues to get these really good roles even if they happen to be in super sad movies. I would watch the movie just for him. He can cry on cue and he's just good. I definitely think he needs to be in more movies like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment