Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Girls Are Better Than Boys

This is very interesting. I read this article yesterday and I guess it was only a matter of time. Studies are showing that women are receiving more higher education than men AND that the majority of those employed are women. The studies show that men are now becoming stay at home dads. Of course women are still trailing in industries such as business, science, and engineering, but I think women have come a long ass way.

Among adults 25 and older, 10.6 million U.S. women have master's degrees or higher, compared to 10.5 million men. Measured by shares, about 10.2 percent of women have advanced degrees compared to 10.9 percent of men.

Unemployment for men currently stands at 9.3 percent compared to 8.3 percent for women, who now make up half of the U.S. work force. The number of stay-at-home moms, meanwhile, dropped last year for a fourth year in a row to 5 million, or roughly one in four married-couple households. That's down from nearly half of such households in 1969.


Kind of impressive. I’m not saying that women need to pass men in the work force and put men in their place. I’m not a crazy feminist, but it is nice to see that women are learning that they can go out and work too instead of staying at home making all the babies. Heck, I didn’t even know that college was something you could opt out of until I was older. I guess it helps to have a bread winning mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment