Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Weekend Movie - True Grit

Every time the movie award season comes around, I try to see as many of the nominated movies as possible to kind of judge for myself. I haven't seen a lot of them so I thought I would try to catch up this weekend. I have Social Network waiting for me today, but I saw True Grit on Sunday. First of all, if you've never been to Gold Class Cinema in Pasadena, you have to go. This place is so amazing. If you ever need a good date place, this is it. Although, it can be a little pricey.

I've heard some really good things about True Grit. I heard the main girl, who is actually 14 in real life and not a 25 year old playing a 14 year old is amazing and of course Jeff Bridges is amazing. I have to say that I didn't care much for the 14 year old. I thought she was kind of annoying and I feel like she over acted a little. Jeff Bridges was amazing though.

The story is nothing complicated. Mattie Ross's, the 14 year old actress, father was shot and killed and she does everything in her power to seek justice. She hires Rooster Cogburn, Jeff Bridges, to hunt down the man who killed her father. Mattie invites herself on the hunt for this man through the back woods area. The movie is all about their trials and tribulations on finding this man.

I thought the movie was going to be more eventful than it was. I found the movie entertaining, I just kind of expected more. Matt Damon never ceases to surprise me. He's so versatile and I really like that about him. So if you're in the mood for a good western, feel free to check this one out. I'm debating on seeing the original. I feel like I should since my dad is a huge John Wayne fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment