Monday, January 31, 2011

Weekend Movie - Buried

I had mentioned a million years ago that I wanted to see the movie Buried. I finally got to see it on Friday night because it showed up at the Red Box near my apartment. I'm so glad I didn't see this movie in theatres. It was very intense and I kind of wanted to throw things. Ryan Reynolds is the only person seen during the entire movie. There are 21 other actors, but they're all only heard over the cell phone he's left with.

As I've mentioned before, I love psychological thrillers, but I don't think this one falls under that category. Yeah, it was a thriller and it may have been psychological because Ryan was trapped in a box with a few essentials to try to escape, but I don't think there was enough thriller. Yes, he's faced with different challenges such as a snake finding it's way into the coffin he's trapped in and the battery to his cell phone running out, but that's not really enough for me. I don't want to give too much away, but I didn't like the ending. It could only have gone one of two ways: they find him and he lives or they don't and he dies. I don't want to tell you which ending they chose, but now that I think about I don't think I would have liked either ending. They're both so basic and whatever. I think he should have found a way to get himself out or something. The premise was all too basic.

As for the filming, it was cool. I read on IMDB that they used 7 different coffins. Obviously, each coffin used had a different side taken out so they could film. Ryan Reynolds did a good job. I mean it has to be hard to act to someone over the phone while laying on your back the entire time.

I'm glad I got the movie for free with a Red Box gift card because it just wasn't worth much more. I guess that's why it didn't stay in theatres for too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment