Monday, November 15, 2010

Weekend Movie - Morning Glory

It's so refreshing to finally see a really good movie. Don't get me wrong, the last few movies I saw were good, but they didn't make me want to change anything about my life after seeing them. Morning Glory made me want to go out in the world and make a difference. So amazing!

I had no expectations going into this movie. I love Rachel McAdams so I had a feeling this movie was going to be good, but that's about it. She tends to pick some good movies. Harrison Ford is well Harrison Ford so he didn't excite me too much. Diane Keaton is the same way to me. She's alright, but Rachel McAdams definitely made this movie. Her character is a morning show producer and just when she thinks she's going to get put into a higher position, she gets fired and needs to look for another job. She gets hired by the worst rated morning show and now has to make the ratings higher. Well, of course she succeeds and they all live happily ever after. I know that sounds simple, but she's of course faced with trials and tribulations along the way and Harrison Ford helps her out in the end and they create an amazing show. She becomes highly respected and the top rated shows want her as their producer. She turns them down to remain with her TV show family. Sigh. I would do the same if I were in her shoes.

I always have the privilege of sitting next to people who think they're in their living rooms. The girl next to me half way through the movie says to her friend, "OMG it's Regina George." That made me sooo sad. Yeah, Rachel McAdams was in Mean Girls, but she's been in so many other things since and the fact that those girls weren't seeing the movie for her made me sad too. They were teenagers so I guess I can give it to them.

Anyway, this movie made me want to quit my job and go run a news show or something. It just made me want to take something not so great and make it better. So, if you're in need of a pick me up than you have to see this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment