Monday, November 29, 2010

Weekend Movie - Burlesque

I hope everyone had an awesome turkey weekend. I don’t want to eat any more turkey until next year!

I’ve been excited to see Burlesque and I got the opportunity this past weekend. Going into the movie I thought it would either be super awesome or it would suck big time, but it was neither. It was pretty good, nothing more nothing less. There were some technical issues that I couldn’t get over, like some camera angles were funky and the editing was a little choppy, but if you could look past that the movie was good. I was completely entertained. There were a few parts that seemed forced, but for the most part I was entertained and could turn my brain off and just watch. There weren’t any songs that made me want to run home and download so that was kind of disappointing, but I would see the movie again. It’s one of those movies you watch on a rainy day or when you’re just sitting at home and nothing’s on TV.

Christina Aguilera’s talent was definitely portrayed in this movie. I mean I knew she could sing, but her voice in the movie is amazing. I sort of knew she could dance, but now I know for sure she can dance. Her acting was better than I thought it would be too. Overall, she did a good job. Cher was of course good because that’s just what she does. There was one part of the movie where she sang and it was so random to me. It was as if the producers decided Cher needed another song so they kind of just slipped it in there. Stanley Tucci was amazing as well. I love that guy. He’s always good. Overall, if you’re looking to be entertained, you should see this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment