Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Livin's Easy

It's the beginning of summer and that means fun vacations and visits to silly places. My brother and his fiance have created a bucket list of things to do this summer, which I think is an awesome idea. My friends and I have a tiny list and I would like for that list to grow. Summer is the time to get out and just do things you wouldn't otherwise do.

I heard on the radio this morning that Legoland just opened a water park. I went to Legoland 2 or so years ago and it was definitely for the kids. It was lame in places and pretty cool in other places. The rides were pretty lame, but the fact that everything was made out of legos was pretty freaking cool. I wonder how the water park is. It opened this month and I would like to take a trip to San Diego to find out. Here's a list of the water park features:

* The centerpiece of the Water Park is a 45-foot-tall tower designed to immerse children in the creative world of LEGO®
* The Build-A-Raft river – a lazy river where guests float on their own custom-built LEGO raft
* Several water slides including six-person raft slide and one-person tube slides as well as slides designed especially for toddlers
* More than 20 LEGO models including giant LEGO friends who splash or spray water on guests
* A splash tower that will pour hundreds of gallons of water over kids standing beneath
* A DUPLO® zoo themed water play area for toddlers
* Two sandy beach wading areas
* Cabanas for families to rest and relax in
* Retail shops and snack carts

Sounds pretty cool to me. I may need to push some kids out of the way to get to some of these attractions, but it seems worth it to me. This has now been added to my summer vacation list.

No comments:

Post a Comment