Monday, September 26, 2011

Sing Sing Sing

I love the Hollywood Bowl. It's so much fun to sit outside and eat while you watch a show during the summer nights. I go every year with my parents and this year was no exception. I went to a bunch of shows and I'm pretty sure I've written about all of them. This past Saturday I took my roommate to see the Sound of Music Sing-A-Long for her birthday and I have to say that it was very fun. I thought that it was going to be annoying with all the people thinking they could sing, but it was actually a lot of fun. It's such a good movie and getting to be able to sing aloud was very fun. There was a costume contest before the show started and some parents came up with super clever costumes for their kids. The kids that won were all dressed like Oscar's because the movie won 5 Academy Awards. Very awesome.

I also forgot how good the movie actually is. I mean I've seen it a million times, but this was the first time in a long time I sat and watched the entire movie from beginning to end. I might have to go every year now. I loved how much the audience got into the movie too. When the Nazi's were searching for the Von Trapp family, people in the audience took out their flash lights and started shining them everyone. Each audience member also got a small bag of goodies and inside were party poppers so when the Captain and Maria kissed for the first time, everyone shot off their poppers. And of course, when they all sang edelweiss, everyone took out their cell phones and waved them in the air. I was laughing almost the entire movie at things the audience members were doing. So I definitely think I will return.

No comments:

Post a Comment