Sunday, August 28, 2011

Weekend Show - John Williams at the Hollywood Bowl

Another wonderful Saturday night at the Hollywood Bowl. I was scared it was going to be hot because it was ridiculously hot during the day, but surprisingly it was cool. Anyway, I went with the parentals to see John Williams with special guest James Taylor. I went to the show last year and I knew all the Star Wars fanatics were going to be there, but I don't think anyone is ever prepared to see 2,000+ light sabers come out. It looks very cool and my parents loved it.

The show this year was a bit odd. The first half was music from all his cowboy movies where James Taylor read a story and sang a song and then the second half was all his famous movies like Harry Potter, ET, Star Wars, etc. I was a little disappointed because I feel like they could have showed more movie clips than they did. I know it's all about the music, but it's always nice to see the 2 paired together. There was one really cool thing they did with Indian Jones though. They showed the clip without music and John Williams spoke us through the action and then they showed the clip again with the music. It was very fun. But definitely more movie clips would have been better. Either way, John Williams is awesome and it's insane to me that he has all that music in his head.

No comments:

Post a Comment