Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Prequel

Why does Hollywood always have to ruin a good thing? If Hollywood made a good movie many many years ago, why do they feel they need to try to outdo themselves and recreate that? Why can’t they just let that movie live in the vault and inspire them to make more movies like that? Why must they try to remake it or something similar to it? I’m sure I’ve talked about this before, but Hollywood is making a prequel to The Wizard of Oz, which is one of my favorite movies of all time. The idea of there being a place over the rainbow was always my favorite notion. Judy Garland talked about what the song meant to her when she sung it and how she always tried to find that place over the rainbow and was never able to and I will never forget what she said. And here Hollywood is trying to mess that up.

I think people got lucky with Wicked. Wicked happens to be good, but let’s leave it at that ok? That’s the only prequel we need. I guess this prequel is going to focus on the Wizard and who he was before Oz so I guess that’s ok, but I still feel it might be unnecessary. It’s going to be called Oz: The Great & Powerful. I think the thing that pings my heart the most is that Zach Braf and James Franco are part of the cast. Come on! At least pick good actors. I honestly can’t stand James Franco. 127 Hours literally felt like it was 127 hours long to me. I hated seeing Franco’s face close up for 2 hours. Anyway, I digress. The producer is also the same producer from Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland. Oy vey. This just keeps getting worse and worse! The only good news from this is that the sets are going to be all real. There won’t be many green screens. The actors will be standing on football sized fields of set. That’s the only thing I’m looking forward to seeing. Grrr!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment