Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Scream!

Remember in the late nineties when there was a teen horror movie craze? There was I Know What You Did Last Summer and I Still Know What You Did Last Summer and Scream 1 through 3. All the teen stars were in these cheesy horror movies and then there were like 5 spoof movies making fun of them. I will admit that I was hooked on those movies. Of course I Know What You Did Last Summer was my favorite because Jennifer Love Hewitt and Sarah Michelle Gellar were the stars. And then when Sarah Michelle Gellar had a scene in Scream it was even better. I was just hooked. Well, looks like Scream 4 is coming out April, 15 2011. I don’t know how I feel about this. Having 3 Scream movies from the beginning was enough for me and then to have the fourth movie released exactly 11 years later is odd. I remember seeing posters for the movie a while back and it was supposed to be released in 2008, but I guess they pushed it another 3 years and changed the cast around. The original cast had Patrick Dempsey in it. How weird would that have been? I don’t think these movies hold up very well now, but then again there are people like me who ate up the phenomenon in the 90's and would more than likely see this movie for nostalgia.

The story is a continuation of the first 3 movies. Sydney Prescott is still the main character in the same town of Woodsboro. Courtney Cox, David Arquette, and Neve Campbell are all coming back to shoot this movie too, which surprises me a little. Like I said, this movie seems like a small mistake and I’m surprised these actors would be ok with doing a 4th movie. Not to mention the fact that the movie is coming out mid April. At least release the movie in October or something. Who the hell wants to see a horror movie in mid April? I will still see the movie, but I hope they step it up. This would be competing with movies like Saw and Paranormal Activity, which are huge right now. Scream seems like such an old school movie in comparison. I guess we just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment