Thursday, June 21, 2012

Brave


Sad day. I missed the opening of Cars Land because I was in Arkansas for my cousin’s wedding. I actually had a blast so it was ok. I never thought I would enjoy Arkansas. Anyway, I made up for missing Cars Land by getting to go to the world premiere of Brave at the grand opening of the Dolby Theatre. Lots of stuff premiered. I have wanted to see this movie since I first saw the title art. Then, when I found out about the short, La Luna that went along with the movie, I was even more excited. Well, I have to say that I was not disappointed in the least. The entire night was awesome.

Let’s start with the red carpet: it was grass. So fun! Disney always goes above and beyond for their premieres. They always find a way to do some clever stuff. At least with the 3 I have been to. I was kind of hoping to see John Lasseter, but sadly he was no where to be seen. We went into the theatre and were handed our 3D glasses and naturally I wasn’t too thrilled with that, but I know that Pixar knows what they’re doing. I grab my free Brave bucket full of popcorn and am placed in the very first row.

La Luna starts and I suddenly forget that I’m in a movie theatre. I was completely enchanted. Clever and cute just like every single short Pixar has ever made. They continue to out do themselves. The short is about a boy who learns the “family business” by venturing out with his grandpa and father. I don’t really know what else to say without ruining it so I’ll leave it at that. You’ll just have to see for yourself.

Then, Brave starts and I felt like I was there in Scotland with all the characters. Maybe because our seats were so close, but the movie was seriously beautiful. The animation and the scenery were just incredible. And to top it off the story is very heart warming and the movie was just good overall. Once again, Pixar has created a hit. A movie that you could watch a million times and never get bored.

The movie opens everywhere tomorrow and you MUST see it! I’m definitely preparing to buy the DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment