Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Gender Neutral

I love legos. I mean who doesn't. They're perfect for kids and adults. Kids can do whatever they want with them and as they get older they can start to follow directions to make cool looking things and then as adults we can follow even harder directions and make even cooler looking houses by Frank Lloyd Wright and other iconic buildings. Legos are definitely for all ages and genders for that matter. They're not specifically meant for girls or boys, but for both. Well, the Lego company might be taking a bad turn by creating a line of legos specifically for girls.

These specific legos are called Lego Friends. Kind of gross if you ask me. I understand that they might be trying to reach a bigger audience, but I think this is going a little too far. The characters they have on the box look more like dolls than lego people. Why Lego company, why?!?! Of course, parents are outraged. I would be too. I want my daughters to play with normal toys. This doesn't look normal to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment