Monday, November 7, 2011

Weekend Show - Iris

I got so freaking lucky on Saturday night and at the very last minute got a free ticket four rows back from the stage for Cirque du Soleil's Iris. I was so freaking stocked! I have been wanting to see this show since the second I found out about it. Heck, I wanted to work on the show the second I found out about it. And it was everything I imagined it would be. The technology, the acrobatics, everything. Amazing! I grew up going to Cirque shows in Vegas with my parents and brother when my dad had to go to conventions and I recall all of their shows being awesome, especially O. I'm not sure if it was the subject matter of the show or me being older and more appreciate of the show, but I think this one was probably the best. Which is interesting because the guy at the merchandise stand told me that some people walk out because they don't like it and one of my mom's co-workers didn't like it either. The show was just so pretty and to see what the Kodak Theatre is capable of is just awesome. I was in awe. I'm definitely thinking that my background in theatre and my appreciation for film has a lot to do with me liking it so much. Too bad it's is so expensive, otherwise I would go see that thing 100 more times. It's here for like 10 years so maybe the ticket prices will go down. Either way, I will find a way to see the show again!

No comments:

Post a Comment