Saturday, November 26, 2011

Weekend Movie - Margin Call

I never heard of this movie until my dad wanted to see it and wow was it awesome and freaking scary all at the same time. Makes me hate corporate America even more and I didn't even think that was possible. After working for a big corporation I didn't think it could get any worse, but it has. The movie has an awesome cast and an awesome script and a really crazy storyline based on real events so it's kind of a win win. I definitely recommend it. The movie maps the last 24 hours of Lehman Brothers before it went away for good. They realized that their losses were going to be more than the worth of the company so they went and did some pretty shady shit. Kind of sad to see all the innocent people that got roped into the shitty situation. Sad to see how many people lost their jobs at one time for absolutely no reason and it was disgusting to see how much money some of these people make and how quickly they blow it. The worst part for me was seeing how knowledgable the workers are and how dumb the bosses are. The leader of the entire group didn't even know how to read the reports the office was putting together and the big time owner asked people to talk to him like a child because he didn't understand any of the lingo. How the hell do these people get into these big positions without even knowing what things mean? Obviously, they know how things run, but to not even be able to read a report if you had to makes me sick. To me, that's like a soccer coach not knowing how to play soccer, just knowing that the ball needs to get into the net to win. It just baffles me that companies are run this way. Anyway, it's a good movie and definitely worth a look see. Hope everyone is having an awesome Thanksgiving weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment